Giving young people a 'sporting chance'
The Lord’s Taverners is the UK’s leading youth cricket and disability sports charity whose objective is to give disadvantaged and disabled young people a sporting chance.
Our mission is to enhance the lives of disadvantaged and disabled young people through sport and recreation.
Our programmes support some of the most marginalised and at risk young people in the UK. We create a range of opportunities for young people from deprived areas and those with disabilities to engage in sport and recreational activities in their local communities.
Our latest Impact Report highlights how we have invested £4.4m in new equipment, facilities, resources and cricket programmes across the UK in the last year.
This report also illustrates thanks to our charitable activity we:
- Gave 7,811 disabled young people the chance to play cricket
- Provided 3,931 coaching sessions
- Donated 73 sports wheelchairs
- Recycled over 4,100 items of kit to 14 countries
- Saw 600 young people take part in our Wicketz programme on a weekly basis
- Installed 42 sensory rooms and play spaces
- Donated 43 minibuses.
For more information about the Lord’s Taverners, please visit www.lordstaverners.org