THE CRICKET WRITERS' CLUB
CWC partners enjoy:
- Access to circa 400 members in the UK and abroad to directly promote sponsors’ products, services & activities
- Opportunity to have a table at the club’s major event of the year, the Annual Lunch, held in London in late Sept/early Oct
- Collaboration in club activities, from involvement in CWC social cricket matches to improving environmental sustainability
- Opportunity to forge closer relations with cricket media through direct communications
The CWC Annual Lunch is attended by leading cricket journalists, photographers and commentators, senior figures at ECB and MCC, major newspaper editors, and prize-winning men’s and women’s players, including the recipient of the prestigious CWC Young Cricketer of the Year Award.
Throughout the year, CWC:
- Liaises with Counties and ECB around media facilities at grounds for local and visiting journalists, and around safeguarding in the workplace
- Produces an annual handbook, with details of all members, plus ECB and County contacts
- Supports journalism through the ECB Domestic Cricket Journalism Awards, run in conjunction with CWC
- Supports cricket writing through the CWC Book Awards
- Supports players through the individual men’s and women’s player Awards
- Works with grounds on becoming more environmentally sustainable
- Hosts visiting international media for CWC Socials during men’s and women’s series
- Arranges social mixed cricket fixtures
- Maintains a club shop (www.teamworld.co.uk/cwc), with a percentage of proceeds going to the club
- Distributes a quarterly newsletter to members
- Holds an AGM each April
Mindful of supporting the future generation of journalists, CWC facilitated a series of student cricket writing workshops during the 2019 Men’s World Cup, in conjunction with the ICC.
The Cricket Writers' Club would also like to acknowledge Fuller's Brewery, valued sponsors of the CWC Annual Lunch.
The Cricket Writers' Club would like to thank all its official sponsors for their support. Please click on the logos below for access to the dedicated page that we provide for each sponsor.
Note, the club has additional sponsorship opportunities available. Value and nature of sponsorship is discretional. Please enquire with lead secretary Will Macpherson firstname.lastname@example.org. See below for sponsor benefits.